What Are the Best Fudge Shops Up North in Michigan?
Few things in life deserve their own, dedicated road trip. Delicious Michigan fudge shops (or "shoppes" if you're fancy) should be an annual voyage everyone makes.
Where are the best fudge shops in Michigan?
You could argue fudge is like pizza... even the "just okay" stuff isn't bad, but some is fantastic. Here are the three shops people rave about most, in Michigan.
Howse's Fudge - 201 East Main Street Harbor Springs, MI 49740
- Not only is Howse's family owned for decades, but third generation owned, too. They'll even ship product to you in the "off season" January to May. You know, when you need a fix and don't want to deal with snowstorms.
- While they're not very active on social media -- we're glad this confection creation was shared to prove they're more than just fudge.
Frankenmuth Fudge Kitchen - 606 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Here's proof that Michigan's Little Bavaria is about more than Christmas and Chicken Dinners. Since 1964 they've been serving up homemade fudge for touristy types and locals alike.
- Turtle fudge is especially popular. Look at the way they prepare it. Yum.
Ryba's Fudge Shop & Corner Store - 7314 Main St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757
- Often referred to as the best in Michigan, Mackinac Island visitors are fans of Ryba's. The number of flavors they have seems endless. From traditional chocolate to peanut butter, German Chocolate, Rocky Road, Strawberry Pecan and even pumpkin.
- If you can't make it to the island because of winter, no worries. They'll ship.
Treat yourself this summer. Plan a road trip to one, or all three of these legendary Michigan fudge shops. Remember, calories don't count on vacation. So, I've heard.