The Best of FB Marketplace: Lansing, Michigan
Whatever magic Mr. Zuckerberg has bottled, he has put on his SPF 157 and sprinkled that fairy dust all over Lansing’s Facebook Marketplace. Our crack research team has put together “The Best of the Best” of Mid Michigan’s social media swap meat entries.
PSA: If you’re scrolling through this story at work and you want to look busy:
- Stare at your computer as if now everything is suddenly in German.
- Scroll and occasionally nod or tilt your head.
- Occasionally, maybe once or twice, sigh loud enough (but not too loud) so that people around you thing you’re knee deep in a problem and wont' bother you.
- Now enjoy some of Mid Michigan's finest attempts to sell “one man’s treasure” on Facebook Marketplace.
A FLIPPING Flip Blackberry
"Seems to work fine..." says Marko Murillo of this still functioning but, probably hasn't been updated since Obama was in office, Blackberry 9670. It's also a Sprint phone, so you'll have that going for you. Plus you'll be one of the only people in Lansing to own a near antique cell. Bonus points for using "Old School" in a sales pitch.
An Odd Assortment of Nightmare Fuel and Nostalgia
This is the kind of listing that makes me wish Facebook Marketplace was a brick-and-mortar store on Michigan Avenue and you could just take it all in. Cindy Geiger says of this collection:
CHATTY KATHY DOLL, SHIRLY TEMPLE DOLL, TONTO DOLL.OLD WIZARD OF OZ BOOK, ALL 10 EACH
Ok Cindy...so we're just gonna overlook the GI Joe and the Jax, Son's of Anarchy, action figures? How did those two fit into this equation? Did ol' Joe chat up Kathy and had to rope Jax into being his wingman?
In the Event You Ever Encounter a Cartoon Roadrunner
Here's everything you need to know about this antique anvil from seller Denny Emmer:
- ConditionUsed - Good
- ColorBrownUnknown maker, same family over 90 years. Good condition, makers mark is too hard to read. Was told possible Peter Wright anvil. Unsure of weight very large Anvil. Local pickup Haslett Michigan Cash, Venmo, Facebook pay only. Firm at $600 that's a steal
Buy These, Put Them in Your Best Friends House and Say NOTHING
The seller, Tag McLogan, is selling this as part of an estate sale. I see these as something to hide in a co-workers office or your best friends trunk. Should be good for a laugh and you can play goose tag.
That's Not What You Think It Is
Seller Jennifer Jones might want to look at some different angles on this shot:
NATIVE AMERICAN ROOT CLUB. Beautiful patina. Very old. 20" long. FIRM. Charlotte, MI pickup. Cash.
Overpriced Fireplace Fire Starters
I believe seller the seller sums it up best with:.
Univesity Of Michigan Decoration Christmas$25