Ways To Honor Women In Michigan For Women’s History Month
March is Women's History Month. In Michigan, Pro Movers Review highlighted these locations to celebrate and honor women.
In Lansing, you'll find the HERstory Museum. At the museum, you can learn about the accomplishments from Michigan women through curated art exhibitions featuring works by local artists.
At the Charles H. Wright Museum in Detroit, you can learn about the roles offered by African American women.
In Downtown Grand Rapids, you can spend some time near the Rosa Parks Circle. This popular place for hosting public dances, concerts, and other events is still currently under construction.
The Women's Way public art initiative which features five separate Downtown murals intentionally designed to honor historic local women leaders is always open.
Where Are The Women's Way Murals in Grand Rapids?
- Harriet Woods Hill Way is located in the alley off Louis St. NW at the northwest corner of GRPD headquarters.
- Grand Rapids Chicks Way is located in the alley off Newberry St. NW behind Auto Fixit Body Shop.
- Ethel Coe Way is located in alley off Monroe Ave NW on the north side of 20 Monroe Live.
- Angeline Kelsey "Naw Kay o say" Yob Way is located in the alley off Sheldon Blvd NE between the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum and The Apartment Lounge.
- Maurilia Ortiz Blakely Way is located in the alley off Fulton St. W next to San Chez Bistro.
The Scenic Beauty Of Northeast Michigan