Michigan Has Only 1 City In The Top 50 Deadliest
Oh hey, would you look at that! Michigan is down to only a single city on the list of the Nation's Deadliest Cities. And of course, it's Detroit.
But, that means that Flint, Saginaw, and Lansing are no longer in the top 50! It's been a while since Lansing was on the list, but Flint and Saginaw make frequent appearances.
Detroit ranks 4th on the list, but the murder rate in the city has been dropping dramatically recently, so it should be dropping even lower on the list in the future. Detroit's murder rate is the lowest in 30 years with 261 murders in 2018, down from 635 in 2018.
The 5 Deadliest Cities In America
- St. Louis, Missouri - 64.9 murders per 100,000 people
- Baltimore, Maryland - 51.1 murders per 100,000 people
- New Orleans, Louisiana - 40.6 murders per 100,000 people
- Detroit, Michigan - 39.7 murders per 100,000 people
- Cleveland, Ohio - 33.7 murders per 100,000 people
USA Today put together the list using this data from a violent crime survey between the years of 2016-2017.