Several news agencies are reporting that the Austin bombing suspect is dead after detonating a bomb inside his vehicle.

From CNN

A suspect in a wave of bombing attacks in Austin killed himself inside his car with an explosive device early Wednesday as authorities closed in, police said.

The bombings killed two people, and left the Texas capital terrorized with fear for 19 days.
Since the bombings started on March 2, investigators searched for clues, calling the attacks the work of a"serial bomber" who increasingly changed tactics.
"It's been a long almost three weeks," Austin police chief Brian Manley said.
He urged residents to be vigilant, saying they don't know where the suspect has been for the past 24 hours and what packages have been sent.

From USA Today

Police confirmed Wednesday that the suspect in the bombings in Austin that killed two people and wounded several others is dead after setting off a bomb when a SWAT team closed in.

Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said the suspect was a 24-year-old white man. He has not yet been formally identified. Manley said authorities do not know the motive for the bombings.

CBS Austin affiliate KEYE-TV tweeted earlier that the suspect was dead after an officer-involved shooting on I-35 in Round Rock, about 20 miles from Austin.

Austin police and the FBI tried to arrest the suspect who detonated a device and shots were fired, KVUE reported. WFAA-TV reported that the suspect killed himself as police closed in.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tweeted earlier: "ATF is with @Austin_Police and @FBISanAntonio on I-35 at the scene of the individual suspected in the #packagebombmurders"