Tips You Can Follow to Save Money at the Grocery Store
We all know that gas prices are up and grocery prices have gone up lately too. We can all feel the pain in our pocket books.
In the last three weeks my wife and I have been saving money by focusing more on what we spend at the grocery store.
Here's a great website to help you out with tips on how to save money at the grocery store: cnbc.com.
Most of the tips on this website are definitely helpful. We just have to find a way to start saving some money instead of paying more at the grocery store.
This is what my wife and I do to save money at the grocery store:
* Clip coupons. Yes, one of the best ways to save money is to go crazy and clip coupons. We do this every week before we go grocery shopping and it helps us save money too.
* Stick to our grocery list. We only purchase what's on our list. If you don't follow the list, then you will most likely grab other grocery items and then you end up paying more once you're ready to check out.
* Make sure you sign up for an in-store grocery card. This can save you money in the long run as long as you use it every time you go grocery shopping.
* Buy generic brands. All I can say is generic brands usually taste just as good as the name brand grocery items. We do this all the time because our groceries are costing too much money these days.
* Check out other grocery stores. IF there are two or more grocery stores where you live, don't be afraid to do a little price checking. Maybe one week you buy from Kroger for example, and the next week you shop at Meijer.
Good luck and try to use a few of these ideas to help with the higher cost of buying groceries.