The Most Dangerous Intersections In Lansing
Let me start by saying, I HATE the intersection at Cedar Street and Edgewood Boulevard in Lansing. Through the years, I've seen several accidents there, many near misses and yesterday, if I hadn't looked both directions before driving through the intersection, I'm pretty sure that I would have been another accident statistic because the other driver ran a red light. (Good thing my brakes are good!)
So, why is there an issue there? Well, in my opinion, it could be because there's a double light there, or that the actual lights on the traffic lights are hard to see, or that one area is a left turn only lane or simply because people just don't pay attention. I decided to do a little online research about the dangerous intersections in Lansing and I thought for sure that the Cedar Street and Edgewood Boulevard intersection would be right there at the top of the list. However, according to a list from Michigan Auto Law of the Most Dangerous Intersections in Lansing and Ingham County in 2018, that particular intersection didn't even make the top 10 on their list.
Their list is below. Do you agree?
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ HAGADORN ROAD, East Lansing, 72 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ HOWARD ST, Lansing Township, 54 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
- COOLIDGE ROAD @ LAKE LANSING ROAD, East Lansing, 52 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
- SAGINAW ST @ HOMER ST, Lansing Township, 52 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ HOLMES ROAD, Lansing, 47 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ MAIN ST, Lansing, 46 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ CLIPPERT ST, Lansing, 45 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- GRAND RIVER AVE @ US 127, Lansing Township, 45 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
- ABBOT ROAD @ SAGINAW ST, East Lansing, 42 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD @ SAINT JOSEPH ST, Lansing, 42 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries