Mid-Michigan Thursday Morning Road Closures Due To Flooding
Rain overnight has caused some flooding in the Mid-Michigan area. Give yourself some extra time this Thursday morning. Watch your speeds. Plowing through some standing water (going as little as 35 mph) could cause hydroplaning.
From our friends at WILX, here is a small list of road closures due to flooding. Keep listening all morning for the latest traffic updates. As of now, there are a handful of accidents and slide offs due to the rain and flooding so please, drive carefully.
- Eastbound lanes of I-496 are closed between the Pine and Walnut streets exit and the Pennsylvania Avenue exit in Lansing.
- Northbound and southbound M-99 between E. Vermontville Highway and Holt Highway in Dimondale.
- M-43 between Cochran Rd. and Oneida Rd. in Grand Ledge.
- Eastbound and Westbound M-43 at Benton Road in Grand Ledge.
- Northbound M-99 at Skinner Highway in Eaton Rapids.
It's unclear when the roadways could be reopened.