Michigan Is Home To The Most Educated City In America
Ann Arbor is once again named the most educated city in the country! The home of the University of Michigan is also home to some highly educated people, which makes sense. WalletHub.com releases their ranking of the most educated cities every year and Ann Arbor has been toping that list for a few years now. Here are how other cities matchup:
The 5 Most Educated Cities In America
- Ann Arbor, MI
- San Jose/Sunnyvale/Santa Clara, CA
- Washington/Arlington/Alexandria, DC/VA/MD/WV
- Durham/Chapel Hill, NC
- Madison, WI
In WalletHub's annual list of the most educated cities in America, several Michigan cities made the cut. Here are how the cities in Michigan ranked:
- Ann Arbor (#1)
- Lansing/East Lansing (#22)
- Grand Rapids/Wyoming (#62)
- Detroit/Warren/Dearborn (#81)
- Flint (#121)
Ann Arbor leads the nation in a bunch of different aspects of education:
- Ann Arbor has the highest percentage of Associate's Degree holders, Bachelor's Degree holders, and Graduate or Professional Degree holders.
- Ann Arbor has the third-highest average university quality.
- Ann Arbor has the second-highest percentage of High School Diploma holders.
The methodology used by WalletHub broke down the rankings into two key metrics: Educational Attainment and Quality of Education & Attainment Gap. These dimensions were further broken down into 11 different metrics. You can read more about the methodology here.