Michigan Food Banks Will Receive New Milk Coolers
Eighteen food banks in Michigan are going to be receiving new milk coolers donated by the United Dairy Industry of Michigan, according to WILX.
The pilot grant program that the group had started will also help provide funds for milk when the coolers are actually delivered.
In a release, released by the UDIM, they said milk is a highly requested item among food banks. Storing milk, however, has been one of the challenges.
The list of food banks that will be receiving the coolers are:
- Angels of Action, Big Rapids
- Bad Axe Free Methodist Food Pantry, Bad Axe
- Be Love Outreach, Grandville
- Beacon of Hope Family Care Center, St. Johns
- Cooperative Ministry, Lake City
- Feed the Need – Alpena, Alpena
- Holland Rescue Mission, Holland
- Jehovah Jireh Ministries of West Michigan, Hudsonville
- Lakeport Wesleyan Church Food Pantry, Lakeport
- Love in The Name of Christ of West Mackinac County, Engadine
- Love INC of Newaygo County, Grant
- Martin Area Resource Center, Martin
- Mid City Nutrition Program, Port Huron
- Morenci Church of the Nazarene, Morenci
- Portland Community Food Bank, Portland
- Saint Paul’s Food for Families, Imlay City
- Saline Area Social Service, Saline
- Shared Blessings Food Pantry, Bad Axe