The Top 15 Best Schools to Teach at in Michigan
Schools are in incredibly important aspect of our community and our lives.
We send our children to them for many hours a day, multiple days a week, so that they may learn. Curriculum, friendship, and many more things.
Schools also place a huge role in where we choose to live, so that we might give our kids the best opportunity possible by going to the best schools.
Best Places to Teach in Michigan
So much emphasis is put on schools and how well they rate for our children. And don't get me wrong, that's incredibly important. But let's take a moment to think about our schools and how they rate for our teachers.
Teachers are a critically important yet vastly underappreciated role to play in our society. they're helping to shape our children and our future. So, it's important that teachers have a good school experience too, right?
We want teachers that feel supported, both by school staff and parents. We want teachers that are paid appropriately. And finally, we want teachers to be able to enjoy their jobs by making sure they have the supplies they need.
All of these things makes for a great school to work for.
When we take a look at Michigan, we already know which 10 public high schools are the best. And thanks to Niche, we also now know which schools in Michigan are the best for teachers. Take a look through the list below. And if you know a teacher who's looking for a good job, maybe point them to this list.
Here are the 15 best places to teach in Michigan. One Ingham County School makes the list!
15. Ingham Intermediate School District in Mason
Student-teacher ratio 25:1, Average teacher salary $49,686
14. Woodhaven-Brownstown School District in Woodhaven
Student-teacher ratio 21:1, Average teacher salary $67,879
13. Sanilac Independent School District in Peck
Student-teacher ratio 14:1, average teacher salary $58,630
12. Troy School District in Troy
Student-teacher ratio 18:1, Average teacher salary $72, 761
11. Bloomfield Hills Schools in Bloomfield Hills
Student-teacher ratio 14:1, Average teacher salary $75,603
10. Mecosta-Osceola Independent School District in Big Rapids
Student-teacher ratio 12:1, Average teacher salary $55,267
9. Grosse Pointe Public School System in Grosse Pointe Woods
Student-teacher ratio 17:1, Average teacher salary $75, 240
8. Huron Independent School District in Bad Axe
Student-teacher ratio 12:1, Average teacher salary $50,249
7. Copper Country Independent School District in Hancock
Student-teacher ratio 10:1, Average teacher salary $33,919
6. New Buffalo Area Schools in New Buffalo
Student-teacher ratio 12:1, Average teacher salary $66,462
5. Van Buren Independent School District in Lawrence
Student-teacher ratio 6:1, Average teacher salary $46,473
4. Tuscola Independent School District in Caro
Student-teacher ratio 12:1, Average teacher salary $64,334
3. Northville Public Schools in Northville
Student-teacher ratio 20:1, Average teacher salary $80,138
2. Detour Area Schools in De Tour Village
Student-teacher ratio 9:1, Average teacher salary $127, 510
1. St. Joseph County Intermediate School District in Centerville
Student-teacher ratio 18:1, Average teacher salary $54, 452
These 11 Michigan School Districts Spend the Least Per Student
Gallery Credit: jrwitl
Top 12 Michigan High Schools For Athletes
Gallery Credit: Jacob Harrison