It’s Tubing Time In The Lansing Area
The Ingham County Parks Department has announced that the tubing hill at Hawk Island will open TODAY--Thursday, January 3rd. They say that their holiday hours for this weekend will be today through Sunday from 10 am-8 pm. After this first weekend of January, their normal weekend hours of operation will be Friday 4-8 pm and Saturday thru Sunday from 10 am-8 pm.
According to their website, the snow tubing at Hawk Island features 16 ft wide sculpted snow lanes that drop 50-60 feet over a course of 500-600 feet. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Although there is not a specific age requirement, all riders must be able to exit the snow tubes on their own after reaching the bottom of the hill.
- There is a vehicle entrance fee at Hawk Island.
- Hawk Island has a small concession area offering hot chocolate, coffee, pop, candy, and chips.
- Snow Tubing Hill Fees are per person for 2 hours (adults and children) is $10 and the group rate for 2 hours (4+ people/per person) is $8
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Checks, or Cash are accepted