Want to Work on Your Fitness? City of GR Offering More Than 15 Free Outdoor Exercise Classes This Summer
Looking to get active outdoors this summer? The City of Grand Rapids is offering a bunch of free outdoor fitness classes!
City of Grand Rapids Offering Free Fitness Classes for 8th Year
Grand Rapids recently announced the 8th year of free fitness in parks and public spaces across the city.
No matter how you want to get moving, there is likely a class for you. Fifteen dance, cardio, and yoga classes will run weekly starting May 15, 2023.
Classes are Monday through Friday and you don't have to register in advance. If a class has to be cancelled due to weather, the announcement will be made on the Parks and Recreation Facebook page, or you can call the department’s cancellation hotline at (616) 456-3699.
The City of Grand Rapids is partnering with Priority Health and Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on the fitness series.
Schedule of Grand Rapids Free Outdoor Fitness Classes
Instructors will lead a variety of classes at varying fitness levels, including kickboxing, Zumba, and slow flow yoga. The earliest class starts at 5:30a.m. and the latest class starts at 7:15p.m.
Clicking on each link below will take you to the Facebook event for the class.
Mondays (No class May 29)
- FREE Yoga at Mulick Park - 6:00 to 6:45 pm
- FREE SoulfulMOTION at Garfield Park - 6:30 to 7:15 pm
- FREE Zumba at Rosa Parks Circle - 6:30 to 7:15 pm
Tuesdays (No class July 4)
- FREE Barre on The Blue Bridge - 5:30 to 6:15 pm
- FREE 30-Min HIIT at Lookout Park - 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- FREE Glute Camp at 555 Monroe - 6:30 to 7:15 pm
- FREE Sunset Yoga at Lookout Park - 7:00 to 7:45 pm
- FREE Sunrise Yoga at Indian Trails Golf Course - 6:30 to 7:15 am
- FREE HIGH Low Fitness at Cherry Park - 5:30 to 6:15 pm
- FREE Ballroom Dancing on the Blue Bridge - 7:00 - 7:45 pm
- FREE WERQ at Richmond Pool - 7:15 to 8:00 pm
- FREE Yoga at Sixth Street Park - 12:00 to 12:45 pm
- FREE POUND on The Blue Bridge - 5:30 to 6:15 pm
- FREE Line Dancing at Briggs Pool - 7:15 to 8:00 pm
- FREE Sunset Yoga at MLK Pool - 7:15 to 8:00 pm
- FREE Zumba at Roosevelt Park - 6:15 to 7:00 pm
Additional Exercise Opportunities in Grand Rapids
If you're looking for something different, the City of GR also has classes at varying prices, including cycling, Kettlebell AMPD, swing dancing, barre, and paddle board basics.
There are programs for kids dance and yoga too.
Did you know there's a bunch of sports equipment and gear you can check out for free from the City of GR too?