Ricard Taylor faces up to life in prison for allegedly shooting and killing two men on Monday.

Taylor was arraigned in 54B District Court Wednesday afternoon on two counts of murder, two counts of felony firearm, two counts of carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent and carrying a concealed weapon.

Police say Taylor walked into Rite Aid, 3106 E. Saginaw St. near Frandor Shopping Center, about 11 a.m. and shot and killed 35-year-old Michael Addo, of Mason, then fled on foot. About 15 minutes later, he shot Jordan Rogers, 27, at Rogers’ home in the 1800 block of East Lansing's Coolidge Road, which Taylor lives next door to, according to police.

At a Wednesday press conference, authorities did not divulge whether there was a relationship between Taylor and the victims, according to WILX.

A story from The State News last year profiled Taylor and his brother, who often performed street music in East Lansing. Taylor came to East Lansing from Detroit, according to the story, and was an aspiring musician.

East Lansing Police Chief Juli Liebler said at a Tuesday press conference that Rogers ran to a neighbor’s house and called police after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds. When ELPD arrived at the scene, Rogers was unconscious. Authorities attempted to resuscitate him, then transported him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Liebler said ELPD learned Taylor lived in a duplex next door and immediately surrounded it, evacuated adjacent residences and called in tactical support to set up a perimeter.

A standoff ensued, ultimately lasting about three hours.

“We approached the house, broke out the front window, made contact with the suspect,” Liebler said. “He immediately surrendered and was taken into custody. There was no confrontation (with authorities).”

Police at Tuesday’s press conference said there is nothing that indicates Addo and Rogers were related or connected.

Lansing Police Chief Mike Yankowski on Tuesday said authorities were still working to learn Taylor's motive.

“This was not a robbery attempt for guns or drugs,” Yankowski said. “It was not a robbery attempt for money. This is what we know at this point in time. (We are) still actively compiling reports and evidence…”

Multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in Monday’s incidents, from the local, county, state and federal level, including the U.S. Marshals.

Liebler said police recovered the gun Taylor used. Police declined to divulge further details, citing the ongoing investigation into the shootings.

“We believe (the suspect) acted alone,” Liebler said. “That’s the overwhelming indication we have at this point.”