$2.4M Redevelopment of St. Johns Site
According to the Lansing State Journal, this month residents will get their first chance to see firsthand the $2.4 million redevelopment of a century old industrial property.
Built in 1898, the two story, red brick building on East Railroad Street was once home to FC Mason Company, a manufacturer of farming implements. It operated on the property for 100 years before closing eight years ago.
When the redevelopment is complete the 2 and a half acre property will offer about 40 new apartments, a coffee house, a large courtyard and small dog park. The development will include a 64 space parking lot.
To date, a dozen modern apartments in the historic building are nearly finished, and a few more should be ready by the end of the year.
By mid December tenants should be living there, and the coffee shop moving in to about 1,200 square feet on the lower level.