With many in the state still without power as a result of the ice storm State Fire Marshall Richard Miller is reminding us to take extra safety precautions while using generators. The "Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs" says from 1999 to 2010 nearly 600 generator related carbon monoxide deaths have been reported to the consumer product safety commission. Officials say the majority of these occurred as a result of using a generator inside a home's living space, in the basement or in the garage.