For clearing snow off driveways and sidewalks many agree snow blowers are fast and efficient. However, if not used correctly they can kill--and they have.  According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission over the past ten years or so there have 19 reported deaths. In two cases people actually got caught in the machine. Five died from carbon monoxide poisoning after they left their snow blower running in an enclosed area. Every year on average nearly 6,000 end up in emergency rooms. Safety experts say it's very important to thoroughly read the instruction manual first. And they say just because you've used them before is no reason not to. They point out makes and models are different . They say to assume otherwise could have severe consequences.