For you parents and young adults who are going to college be aware that the top 10 lowest paying college majors are:
10. Behavioral Science: $33,800
9. Education, General: $33,800
8. Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies: $33,500
7. Radio, Television, and Digital Comm: $33,300
6. Culinary Arts: $33,000
5. Human Development, Family Studies, and Related Services: $32,700
4. Theological and Ministerial Studies: $32,500
3. Child Development and Psychology: $32,300
2. Social Work: $32,200
And number one is:
1. Animal Science: $31,100
Also you should know that according to the National Center for Education Statistics, the median earnings of young adults with bachelor’s degrees is $46,900, while the median for high school grads is $30,000.
What does that mean to you and your children: a bachelor’s degree can earn you a 57% increase in wages during your lifetime
Now you should also know and something I have learned in life that making more money in a career you do not like is not a ladder to happiness but loving your job is.