It Isn’t Christmas Until…
There are certain things that need to happen to get me in the Christmas spirit. It just isn't Christmas until I hear the following songs, watch the following movies, and do the following things.
TOP 5 MUST HEAR CHRISTMAS SONGS
5. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms (written in 1958)
4. Santa Baby originally recorded by Eartha Kitt (written in 1953) but I like the Marilyn Monroe version best
3.Baby It's Cold Outside recorded by Dean Martin (written in 1944)
2. Snow Miser Song , from The Year Without A Santa Claus (1974)
And the number one song is....
White Christmas, by Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye (1954)
TOP 5 MUST WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES
5. The Year Without A Santa Claus because the Snow Miser and Heat Miser songs are an inside joke in our family
4. The Grinch, because everyone knows a Grinch and that movie always inspires me to try to turn their attitude around
3. Elf, Will Ferrell is hilarious (enough said)
2. A Christmas Story because "You'll shoot your eye out."
And the number one movie is...
White Christmas because I always watched it with my Papa TJ before he passed. Each time I see this movie it reminds me of him, and puts a smile on my face.
TOP 5 THINGS I MUST DO TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE CHRISTMAS
5. Walk through the fields at the Arend Tree Farm to pick the perfect tree. Then cut it down.
4. Put up lights outside. This is the first year we have been in our home so it was a special event to decorate outside.
3. Black Friday shop for as many gifts as I can purchase. Like a little kid I can't wait to get them under the tree.
2. Wrap aforementioned presents with lots of bows and ribbons. I like to go Martha Stewart when I wrap.
And the number one thing I do to make it feel like Christmas is...
Bake with my family. It is a tradition to put on aprons, turn on some music and see how many sugary treats we can make. Some of the best moments of my life have been spent in the kitchen with my mom. We don't even have to talk, just stand next to one another frosting cookies and enjoying the time together.
Do you agree with my lists? Was there a song or movie I left out? What are some of the things you must do to make it feel like Christmas?